The favored cross-border African funds app, Chipper Cash, has raised $30 million in a Collection B spherical led by Ribbit Capital and Amazon CEO private VC fund, Bezos Expeditions.
In keeping with Chipper Money CEO, Ham Serunjogi, the raise will assist the startup develop its merchandise and geographic scope. On the product facet, this entails providing extra:
- Enterprise funds options
- Cryptocurrency buying and selling choices
- Funding providers
“We’ll at all times be a P2P monetary switch platform on the core. However we’ve had demand from our customers to supply different worth providers like buying cryptocurrency property and making investments in shares.”
~ Ham Serunjogi, CEO, Chipper Money
At present, customers should purchase bitcoin on Chipper Money utilizing any of the next currencies:
- Nigerian Naira (NairaNG) – From as little as 380 NairaNG
- South African Rand (RandZA) – From as little as 16 RandZA
- Ugandan Shillings (UGXUG) – From as little as 3, 500 UGXUG
The startup, which was based in 2018, has just lately been on a run to lift and develop its rising portfolio of providers.
Listed below are the newest stats about Chipper Money:
- 3 million customers on the platform
- 80, 000 transactions are processed each day
- $100 million in month-to-month funds worth as of June 2020
In keeping with Serunjogi, the startup alos plans to launch a shares product with Nigeria being the primary market to permit Nigerians purchase fractional shares comparable to Tesla, Apple and Amazon shares, via the app earlier than increasing to different nations.
An API cost options can be underneath improvement for companies trying to gather funds on the market of products.