It’s now simply two weeks till DIGIT’s 2020 Information Safety (DP) Digital Summit, held on Thursday tenth December.
The summit will characteristic talks from frontline practitioners exploring the important thing developments, challenges and greatest apply in information safety.
In addition to this, the occasion will present an replace from the ICO; discussing the Age Acceptable Design Code, the Information Sharing Code of Observe and analyzing among the persisting areas of false impression and non-compliance.
When GDPR first got here into drive in 2018, it raised the bar of obligation and accountability for companies and organisations throughout Scotland, making certain that all of them deal with private information accurately and cling to strict laws round privateness, safety and consent.
Two years on and the panorama continues to shift, with the Schrems II ruling, geopolitical tensions, and uncertainty round a post-Brexit adequacy determination making a difficult setting for information safety practitioners.
2020 audio system embody:
- Toby Hayes, International Information Safety Controller, Pladis International
- Vivienne Artz, Chief Privateness Officer, Refinitiv
- Ken Macdonald, Head of ICO Areas, ICO
- Maureen Falconer, Regional Supervisor, ICO
- Caitlin Fennessy, Analysis Director, IAPP
- Scott Barnett, Head of Data Safety & Cyber, NHS NSS
- Jenny Brotchie, Senior Coverage Officer, ICO
- Kami Vaniea, Lecturer in Cyber Safety & Privateness, College of Edinburgh
- Joe Byrne, Privateness Options Engineer, OneTrust
- Sorcha Lorimer, Information Governance & Privateness, International Open Finance CoE & Founding father of Hint
- Mark Stephen, Journalist & Broadcaster, BBC Scotland
Commenting on the occasion, DIGIT Director, Ray Bugg, mentioned: “2020 has proved to be a difficult yr proper throughout the enterprise. The organisational adjustments necessitated by Covid, just like the shift to mass-scale distant working, has compelled organisations to adapt and rethink how their information is saved and guarded.
“In the meantime, the rise of observe and hint techniques and the latest Schrems II ruling have ensured privateness and information sharing have remained firmly below the highlight.
“At DP 2020, we intention to deliver some context to the altering panorama and the challenges that companies are going through and provide an opportunity for practitioners to return collectively to share their perception, study from their friends and focus on how we are able to maintain transferring privateness and information safety ahead in our organisations.
“We’ve obtained a fantastic line-up for this yr’s programme and we look ahead to welcoming you to our closing occasion of 2020.”
The Summit can be run as a completely digital occasion. The occasion will retain all the fundamental options of our bodily convention programme – with keynote talks, breakouts, Q&A and an exhibition – all hosted dwell on a digital platform
Register your free* place on-line at https://www.dataprotection-summit.com/register
The convention is free to attend for personnel working Technical, IT, Digital or C-level roles at end-user organisations.