This privateness discover supplies details about how the Centre for Information Ethics and Innovation handles your private knowledge in relation to their stakeholder engagement.
Necessary info and who we’re
For the needs of the Information Safety laws, the Division for Digital, Tradition, Media & Sport is the controller of the non-public knowledge you present us with for the needs of our stakeholder engagement.
We gather and course of your private knowledge in accordance with relevant legislation. This contains, with out limitation, the EU Common Information Safety Regulation (2016/679) and the UK Information Safety Act 2018 along with different relevant UK and EU legal guidelines that regulate the gathering, processing and privateness of your private knowledge.
We’ve appointed knowledge safety officers (DPO) inside the Division for Digital, Tradition, Media & Sport who’re chargeable for overseeing questions in relation to this privateness discover. When you’ve got any questions on this privateness discover, together with any requests to train your authorized rights, please contact the DPO utilizing the small print set out beneath.
Centre for Information Ethics and Innovation;
Private knowledge we gather
In the event you select to supply your electronic mail handle, we’ll gather and course of the next info:
Identify, electronic mail handle, organisation, your responses
How and why we’ll use private knowledge
We’re processing private knowledge you present to us to:
- Analyse stakeholder perceptions of the CDEI
- Create a ‘stakeholder checklist’ in order that stakeholders might be up to date on the CDEI’s outputs.
Your private knowledge is not going to be used for automated decision-making.
This knowledge can be shared with workers on the CDEI who could use this to find out which publications or updates from the CDEI could be of relevance to you, and should due to this fact contact you relating to the CDEI’s work.
We is not going to switch your private knowledge outdoors of the UK, until it’s required for entry for workers inside the Division for Digital, Tradition, Media and Sport.
Your info is securely saved inside our personal safe community.
We’ve put in place applicable safety measures to forestall private knowledge from being by chance misplaced, used or accessed in an unauthorised approach, altered or disclosed. As well as, we restrict entry to private knowledge to these workers, brokers, contractors and different third events who’ve a enterprise must know. They are going to solely course of private knowledge on our directions and they’re topic to an obligation of confidentiality.
We’ve put in place procedures to take care of any suspected private knowledge breach and can notify you and any relevant regulator of a breach the place we’re legally required to take action.
How lengthy we maintain your private info
The CDEI will maintain your electronic mail handle as much as a most of 25 years for the needs of analysis reminiscent of to analyse modifications in stakeholder perceptions.
Your knowledge safety rights
Beneath knowledge safety legislation, you’ve rights together with:
- Your proper of entry – You’ve got the precise to ask us for copies of your private info.
- Your proper to rectification – You’ve got the precise to ask us to rectify private info you suppose is inaccurate. You even have the precise to ask us to finish info you suppose is incomplete.
- Your proper to erasure – You’ve got the precise to ask us to erase your private info in sure circumstances.
- Your proper to restriction of processing – You’ve got the precise to ask us to limit the processing of your private info in sure circumstances.
- Your proper to object to processing – You’ve got the precise to object to the processing of your private info in sure circumstances.
- Your proper to knowledge portability – You’ve got the precise to ask that we switch the non-public info you gave us to a different organisation, or to you, in sure circumstances.
- You aren’t required to pay any cost for exercising your rights. In the event you make a request, now we have one month to answer you.
Please contact us at email@example.com for those who want to make a request.
The right way to complain
When you’ve got any considerations about our use of your private info, you may make a grievance to us on the above contact particulars.
You may also complain to the ICO in case you are sad with how now we have used your knowledge.
The ICO’s handle:
Data Commissioner’s Workplace
Helpline quantity: 0303 123 1113
ICO web site: https://www.ico.org.uk